A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to the opening of the latest pizza joint to hit our shores, New York Pizza Palace.
I accepted right away. I love pizza and although I haven’t been to New York, I’m aware that they’re famous for their pizzas.
I arrived early and I was greeted by the lights and decorations of the place. The stock ticker is pretty cool. The traffic signs common in New York were also represented. Of course, New York wouldn’t be complete without graffiti and there was one artfully done in the rest room. There were also 3 televisions with livefeed from New York streets. Tres cool!
The decor is useless if the food isn’t good. Well, New York Pizza Palace (NYPP) fares are happy in the tummy. I particularly liked their buffalo wings which were sweet and crisp, garlic bread, supli which is a traditional Italian dish which is rich in texture, eggplant ricotta, and their pizzas and pastas of course. I don’t have a copy of their menu but if I remember correctly, NYPP has 11 kinds of pizzas and each slice is huge. Not only that, the price isn’t bad. For a price of P89 you can buy yourself a huge slice of pizza. They have more expensive ones but won’t go over P200 per slice.
I was able to chat up with Mr. Eric Orland, the President and CEO of New York Pizza Palace (NYPP), and he has so many plans for the restaurant. He said that he wants to open at least 65 branches of NYPP in the country. He also plans to expand it to other countries but Philippines will always be his flagship country. I was curious as to why he chose the Philippines instead of Singapore, Hong Kong, or other more progressive countries. He said he believed that Filipinos appreciate good pizzas and it has become a food staple for us. If he had set up in another country, he would have to slowly introduce the food to their culture. Good point, I said.
New York Pizza Palace
Ground Floor of A Venue Mall
Makati Avenue, Makati City
Now for the fun part!
I’m giving away the following to 1 lucky follower:
- One I <3 New York shirt
- A New York Pizza Palace frisbee
- New York Pizza Palace gift certificates worth P400 (expires on June 2011)
Wanna join? All you have to do are the following:
- “Like” my Facebook Page.
- Subscribe to my newsletter. Don’t forget to verify your email.
- Tell me why you want to win these prizes.
- Don’t forget to include your Facebook name and the email address you used to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 point) – comment with the name you used
- Tweet about this contest (1 point) – comment with the link to your tweet
- Post a status update on your Facebook account with contest with a link to this contest post (1 point) – comment with the link to your status update
Unfortunately, this contest is open to those who can claim the prize in my office in Ortigas Center. So if you live in Metro Manila or have friends or relatives here who can claim the prizes for you, you are very much free to join. The giveaway will remain open until January 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM.